“I don’t need another kink.”
That thought pops into my head whenever I pull up my favorite social media app, but alas, every time I scroll, I learn something new about myself, and another one is born. And yes, I know I’m responsible for what the algorithm shows me, but I’m trying to ignore that fact.
Lately, my feed has been dominated by masked men. I’ve favorited videos with them dressed in full cosplay, decked out in futuristic military apparel, and wrapped up like ghouls.
But more than anything else, my FYP is filled with shirtless men wearing ghost masks. Bonus points if they’re heavily tattooed, wielding a knife, or covered in fake blood. At night, I dream about being chased by them, of them catching me and doing deliciously dark things to my more than willing body.
I never could have guessed that by sending one drunken text, those dreams would become my new reality.
Lights Out is a fast-paced standalone dark romance with a morally grey male lead. Some themes and scenes may be disturbing to readers. Please check the TWs at the beginning of the book.
Chapter Fourteen (coming soon)
- Sexually explicit discussion and scenes
- Mention of rape
- Mention of domestic abuse
- Memories of experienced child abuse
- Medical content
- Blood and gore (in a hospital setting – the female lead is a trauma nurse)
- Breath play
- Knife play
- Gun play
- Fear play
- Kidnap play
- Primal play
- Mask play
- Discussion of mental health topics, including psychopathy and sociopathy
- Mention of serial killers and their crimes
- Limited description of a mass shooting
- Invasion of privacy
- Home invasion
- Hidden cameras
- Mention of unintentional cannibalism (I’m going to hell for this one)
- Unintentional homicide
- Desecration of a body
- Car accident description
- Description of a violent death (from the past)
- Death of a parent
- Discussion of past trauma